The Village Environment
On 6 February 2010 Scrooby's Gardening Club turned their attention to the northern boundary of the Winz Common. The hedge between Mill Lane and the Common is poorly maintained and patchy. The gaps in the hedge have developed into laybys, which have attracted fly-tippers and litterers. The Garden Club hope that by infilling the hedge with new saplings of quick thorn, black thorn, hawthorn and holly, litter and waste will be discouraged.
Dennis Marshall Hedge-Planting on the Winz at Scrooby.
The New Hedge on the Winz at Scrooby.
The Garden Club also planted some new Scot's Pines in the northern area of the Winz. These new pines will eventually merge with the landmark stand of pines on the northern side of Mill Lane.
Scot's Pines Old and New on the Winz at Scrooby.
The schedule for 2019 is:
- January 20: The Death of Stalin
- February 17: Double Bill - Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia - Here we go again with Greek food.
- March 17: The Shape of Water
- April 14: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- May 19: 3 Billboards outside of Ebbing Missouri
Full details will be published each month in the STAR and on this site.
Scrooby Community Cinema | email@example.com | Scrooby Village Hall | Doors 7:30 | Start 8:00 | £4 on the door | Licensed bar