Scrooby Parish Council Minutes 2007

Tuesday 10 July 2007 at 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

1. Present

Kirsty Blower, Mary Broom, Ed Marshall, Christine Bailey, Dennis Brooke, Heidi Robbins.

Also present PC Jim Martin.

2. Apologises

Dennis Marshall and DC Terry Yates.

3. Minutes of Last Meeting

Proposed as a true record by Mary Broom, seconded Heidi Robbins. All agreed.

4. Matters arising

The bridge on Mill Lane has now been repaired.

The flats on Mayflower Avenue with the overgrown hedge have changed ownership. lt was agreed by all to give the new owner a chance to cut the hedge before writing to them.

David Clay‚??Thomas is to be the new litter picker. He will be paid for a maximum of 1.5 hrs work per week @ ¬£5.5O per hour.

Mike Bexson from NCC, after months of waiting assured the Clerk that the Bus Shelter will be replaced at the end of July.

5. Correspondence

A letter of thanks was received from Mr & Mrs J Sheckle for the bouquet of flowers received from the PC for their diamond wedding anniversary.

A leaflet was received from the Sir Stuart and Lady Goodwin Charity informing the PC that funds are available for elderly people who are in need and fulfil certain criteria. The leaflet is to be displayed in the village hall and clerk to advertise in the Star.

6. District Councillors Report

DC Terry Yates was unable to attend.

7. Finance Report

The PC accounts have been externally audited and signed off. The report has been sent to Hacker Young.

The cheque signatories for the PC bank Accounts are currently Kirsty Blower, Edward Marshall and David Clay Thomas. Dennis Marshall is to arrange for DCT to be withdrawn as he is no longer a Parish Councillor and replaced by Mary Broom.

8. Robin Hood DSA

No report given.

9. Police Report

PC Jim Martin attended the meeting and informed the PC that "lead roofing" is still being targeted in the area.

Crime/incidents from 01/06/2007

1 criminal damage, 1 theft from motor vehicle, 1 burglary dwelling, 1 theft other, 2 other non crime incidents

There will be speed traps in action on the Great North Road through Scrooby sometime in August 2007.

10. Planning and The Village Plan

The Village plan has progressed and a draft is almost complete.

Wooffendon House, Chapel Lane, Scrooby

Planning application for extension. The application has been withdrawn.

Lyndhurst, Chapel Lane, Scrooby

Planning application for detached single garage. Permission granted by BDC.

Hawkes Nest, Great North Road, Scrooby

Appeal against BDC planning decision for extension to existing car parking has now been withdrawn.

11. Play Area

Heidi informed the PC that more bark was needed for the play area and that weeds are now growing through. Clerk to contact NNL to remind them to rake the bark. Heidi to obtain a quote for replacement bark which will be incorporated in to the WREN grant application.

It was agreed by all that the high net is to be removed (as a temporary measure) in the playground as the bark will then be adequate. The cost of a replacement net is to be included in the WREN grant.

12. Village Hall

Kirsty reported that the Antiques evening had raised 2130 and the brunch had raised £180 for the village hall fund.

The back of the village hall has been cleared up.

The kitchen and toilet re-fit will take place week commencing som July 2007. The grant received from ‚??Awards from All‚?? does not cover the total cost ofthe refurbishment of the kitchen and toilets. lt was unanimously agreed that any additional cost would be paid for out of the ‚??Crol‚??l‚?? reserve fund.

Work on the "Village Image 8. Profile Grant" is ongoing. There will be an open meeting in August to inform residents of the village what is happening. The grant (s) - circa 245,000 (WREN, Bassetlaw, DSA & possibly Heritage Lottery) will be submitted in October.

13. Village Environment

Dennis Brooke and Mary Broom reported that there have been a lot of complaints about the foul smell around the village since the floods. The sewerage pump station had been under water during the floods. It was agreed by all to write to Severn Trent expressing concerns. Dennis and Ed to a draft letter for the Clerk to send to ST.

14. Any other business

NCC have taken down a Cherry tree on Station Road and an Sycamore on Low Road. Ed has contacted NCC and been informed that the Cherry tree will be replaced. Ed is to contact NCC to see when the trees will be replaced.

The Clerk is to contact NCC regarding the state of the surface of the road on Mill Lane.

Ed is to contact Andy Cawley regarding the state of the willow trees on the right hand side of his land and also the trees on the left hand side.

Kirsty, Ed, Dennis Brooke and Heidi will have a meeting to discuss the PC‚??s position on the Green Lane public enquiry which is taking place in the Village Hall on July 25

Meeting closed 9.05pm

Date of next meeting 10 September 2007. Scrooby Village Hall

Monday 10 September 2007 at 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

1. Present

Kirsty Blower, Ed Marshall, Dennis Marshall, Dennis Brooke , Christine Bailey, Mary Broom, Heidi Robbins.

Also present DC Terry Yates.

2. Apologises

None

3. Minutes of Last Meeting

Proposed as a true record by Christine Bailey, seconded Ed Marshall. All agreed.

4. Matters Arising

Kirsty to write NCC regarding the new damage to the bridge on Mill Lane.

Clerk to contact Mike Beexson at NCC requesting an update on the situation regarding the replacement bus shelter.

Heidi Robbins and Dennis Brook will attend the Public inquiry regarding Green Lane. The inquiry is now to be held in Sutton Village Hall in October.

5. Correspondence

Severn Trent have informed the PC that the smell left behind after the floods is not a matter for their concern.

6. District Councillors Report

Terry informed the PC that he hopes to be able to increase the con-currrent grant for next year

7. Finance

Present status presented. See appendix A attached. invoices approved for payment. Dennis Marshall is to write to the insurance company regarding replacement of the lead to the village hall windows.

The cheque signatories for the PC bank accounts are currently Kirsty Blower, Edward Marshall and David Clay-Thomas. Dennis Marshall is to arrange for DCT to be withdrawn as he is no longer a Parish Councillor and be replaced by Heidi Robbins.

8. DSA ‚??Robin Hood Airport

Dennis Marshall will write to enquire if the up dated tracking system is in place yet.

9. Police Report

PC Jim Marlin was unable to attend. The next Safer Neighbourhood meeting will be held on 11 October 2007 at Harworth Parish Hall - Mary Broom to attend.

10. Planning and Village Plan

The Village Plan is now complete. Ed Marshall is to Contact Mr _ at BDC to discuss how to proceed with regard to getting it adopted by BDC.

10.1 Planning applications

The Old Paddock, Low Road, Scrooby

To erect granny extension. PC Object. Size, mass, proximity.

Home Farm Bungalow, Low Road, Scrooby

Revised Planning application. To re-roof bungalow and convert loft. PC object size, mass, proximity.

Palace Farm, Manor Road, Scrooby

To extend existing dwelling. PC have no objections.

Palace Farm, Manor Road, Scrooby

To demolish existing outbuildings. PC have no objections.

Rosemead, Chapel Lane, Scrooby
To keep name on new building.

11. Play Area

The damaged climbing net is to be taken down in the play area by Dennis Brooke and Ed Marshall.

12. Village Hall

The new committee is now established and Chris Marshall is Chair. Kirsty Blower to report back to PC. Extensive plans to fundraise for the work needed on the village hall. The WREN grant is due to be submitted within the next week. Unanimously agreed that Dennis Marshall and Kirsty Blower are the approved signatories for the application. BDC ‚??Capital Grant Aid` application has been submitted, result expected later this week. A letter has also been sent to Sandra Withington at BDC, Economic Tourism & Development requesting funding for the kitchen and toilets. A request for funding has also been made to Sheila Place at NCC.

The Village Hall Committee has updated the Village Hall

  • Conditions of Hire Policy
  • Equal Opportunities Policy
  • Emergency Plan
Parish Council unanimously adopted all 3 policies.

13. Environment

Dennis Brooke reported there have been a lot of complaints about the amount of horse manure left around the village from the clients who stable their horses at Peter Dunston‚??s livery yard. Clerk to write to Peter regarding this complaint.

14. Any Other Business

Mary Broom asked if the Mothers Union Area commiuee would be able to use the village hall for their meeting at no charge. The PC agreed that the Mothers Union would have to pay at the residents hourly rate.

Meeting closed 9pm.

Date of next meeting Tuesday 16 October 2007. Scrooby Village Hall.

Tuesday 16 October 2007. 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

1. Present

Kirsty Blower, Mary Broom, Dennis Brooke, Christine Bailey, Heidi Robins, Ed Marshall.

Also present PC Jim Martin.

2. Apologises

Dennis Marshall, DC Terry Yates.

3. Minutes of the last meeting

Proposed as a true record by Dennis Brooke seconded Mary Broom. All agreed.

4. Matters Arising

Ed Marshall is to talk to some of the horse riders going through the village about the amount of maneoure left on the roads.

Heidi Robbins and Dennis Brooke attended the Public Enquiry regarding Green Lane. Report attached.

The replacement bus shelter should be in place by the end of October 2007.

5. Correspondence

Nothing to address.

6. District Councillors report

Terry Yates was unable to attend.

7. Finance

Dennis Marshall was unable to attend.

8. DSA Robin Hood Airport

John Mann has informed the PC that he will give his support when and where necessary with any problems with DSA.

9. Police Report

PC Martin reported to the PC that there have been distraction burglaries within the area everyone should be vigilant. Clerk to put notice in the star. He also informed the PC that there will be speed cameras in operation within the area once a month for the next few months and it is possible that Scrooby may get speed watch signs.

Crime Incident Figures

1 criminal damage. 1 theft other. 4 road related incidents.

10. Planning and Village Plan

Village Plan

Ed Marshall is awaiting input from Terry Yates regarding plan.

Planning applications

Woofendon House, Chapel Lane, Scrooby

To erect two storey extension (re-submission). PC have no objections.

The Old Paddock, Low Road, Scrooby

To erect granny extension. Permission granted by BDC.

Home Farm Bungalow, Low Road, Scrooby

Revised planning application to extend existing integral garage, construct utility and conservatory extension. Re-roof bungalow and convert loft with amended plans. There is to be a site visit by BDC.

Palace Farm, Manor Road, Scrooby

To extend existing dwelling. Permission granted by BDC.

Palace Farm, Manor Road, Scrooby

To demolish existing outbuildings. Permission granted by BDC.

11. Play Area

The damaged netting has been removed by Ed Marshall and Dennis Brooke.

12. Village Hall

12.1 Kitchen and Toilet Refurbishment

Sandra Withington, BDC Economic Development and Tourism have awarded £1,120 towards outstanding costs associated with the kitchen and toilet refurbishment. A new cooker will now be ordered and other works completed.

12.2 Play Area and Croft improvements

Sheila Place, Notts County Council is applying for E500 of her initiative money and BDC Grant Aid Panel has awarded £2,500.

A grant application has been submitted to Robin Hood Airport Community Fund (¬£1,000) ‚?? no response received to date.

12.3 Major Works

A grant application has been submitted to WREN (£49,123) - a site visit has been ananged for Thursday 18 October.

12.4

A letter has been sent to Asda Stores, Retford and Wilkinson, Worksop requesting grant aid/donations. No responses to date.

12.5 Fundraising

¬£500 has been raised to date. Christine Hull is doing a sponsored horse ride w/e 20/21 October. Forthcoming events include - ‚??Golden Oldie Night 27 October, Family 'Bonfire' Brunch ‚?? 3 November, 'Greek' Night- 16 November and Family 'Christmas' Brunch - 15 December. Sale of Scrooby Christmas Cards is ongoing. At the Harvest Supper, Scrooby Gardening Club presented SPC with a cheque for ¬£500 (proceeds of the Produce Show held in September). Grateful thanks go to the Gardening Club for their generosity.

13. Environment

It was reported that the ivy is overgrown around the wall on the Pinfold and this could cause serious damage. Ed Marshall is to organise a working party to tidy up the Pinfold.

Kirtsy Blower is talking to David Clay Thomas regarding empty the bins in the village.

14. Any other business

Mary Broom reported that the hedge around the church is no longer being cut as it was being cut by a volunteer who has died. Gordon Ashworth is trying to find someone to take over the cutting of the hedge.

Mary Broom asked on behalf of the painting class if the lightweight tables could be made available.

It was agreed by all to change the PC meetings to the first Monday of the month as from February 2008. There will be no PC meeting in January 2008.

Meeting closed 9pm

Date of next meeting Monday 12 November 2007 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

Monday 12 November 2007 at 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

1. Present

Kirsty Blower, Ed Marshall, Dennis Marshall, Dennis Brooke, Mary Broom, Heidi Robbins.

Also present DC Terry Yates and DC Sheila Place.

2. Apologises

Christine Bailey

3. Minutes of Last Meeting

Proposed as a true record by Ed Marshall, seconded Dennis Brooke. All agreed.

4. Matters Arising

Heidi Robbins reported that the decision from the Planning inspectorate with regard to Green Lane was that Green Lane would become a Restricted byway i.e. No vehicles. Dennis Brooke asked that a letter of acknowledgement be sent to Mr McDonald thanking him for all his efforts regarding Green Lane. PC all agreed. Dennis is to draft a letter then the Clerk will send.

The PC have been informed by Sheila Place that Alan Bin of NCC has informed her that the bus shelter will be in place within 4 weeks.

The light weight tables have been made available for the Art Class.

4. Correspondence

Nothing to address

5. District Councillors Report

Terry informed the PC that A1 housing have got 2 stars and money will now be available to update council houses within the area.

Two new leisure centres are to be opened early the New Year. One in Retford and one in Worksop.

Christmas Lights ‚?? Retford lights will be switched on 4 Dec and Worksop 27 November.

6. Finance

Present status presented. See appendix A attached. Invoices approved for payment.

Dennis is still awaiting a response from the insurance company regarding the Village Hall windows lead dressing.

Bank mandate for cheques signatories is still be sorted.

7. DSA Robin‚??Hood Report

Dennis has been informed that the tracking system is in place however it is still not working.

8. Police Report

PC Jim Martin was unable to attend.

Mary Broom reported that bogus gardeners have been working in the village. Dennis Marshall will report this to the Neighbourhood Watch.

9. Village Plan & Planning Permission Applications

9.1 Village Plan

The infomation needed by Terry Yates was given to him at the meeting by Ed.

9.2 Planning

Sheepcote House, Great North Road, Scrooby

Revised application Garden. Same objections raised by the PC as for the detailed application made previously.

Ryton House, Chapel Lane, Scrooby

Planning permission. same objections - site layout. Effect on neighbouring properties and the surrounding area.

Home Farm Bungalow, Low Road, Scrooby

Revised planning application. BDC refused planning permission.

Home Farm Bungalow and The Old Paddock, Low Road Scrooby

Clerk to contact NCC Highways regarding the boundaries at the front.

10. Play Area

Nothing to report.

11. Village Hall

Sandra Withington has informed the PC that the information boards in the village are to be replaced. Kirsty is in communication with Helen Sissons from Experience Nottinghamshire and a meeting is to be arranged with Arthur Fielding who is doing the research for the project.

Ian Cruddas and Kirsty have had a meeting with Karen Turburton from Notts Rural Community Council regarding grant aid for the next stage of the ‚??Scrooby: Enhancing for Greater Access' project. Further documentation has been sent to WREN in support of the grant application. Latest fundraising events are Chris Hull's sponsored horse ride which raised approximately ¬£700; Golden Oldie Night raised ¬£500 and the Bonfire Brunch raised ¬£50. Sheila Place presented the PC with a cheque for ¬£500 towards 'Scrooby: Enhancing for Greater Access'. On behalf of the PC Kirsty expressed her thanks.

Future fundraising events include Greek Night on 16 November and Christmas Brunch on 15 December. The sale of Christmas Cards is going well.

12. Environment

Kirsty to speak to David Clay-Thomas regarding emptying the bins around the village.

Kirsty to ring Pat Wilkinson at BDC regarding who is responsible to empty the bins also to request dog bins.

13. Any other business

Kirsty requested that the PC make a contribution this year to the Senior Citizens Christmas party. It was suggested that a figure be agreed at the next meeting. All agreed.

Meeting closed 9pm.

Next meeting Monday 10 December 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall.

Monday 10 December 2007. 7.30pm Scrooby Village Hall

1. Present

Kirsty Blower, Ed Marshall, Dennis Marshall, Heidi Robbins. Christine Bailey.

2. Apologies

Dennis Brooke, Mary Broom, DC Terry Yates.

3. Minutes of Last Meeting

Proposed as a true record by Heidi Robbins, seconded Dennis Marshall. All agreed.

4. Matters Arising

The new bus shelter is now in place. Clerk to contact NCC and thank them on behalf of PC.

The PC will make a donation to the OAP Post Christmas party if there is a shortfall in funds.

5. Correspondence

Clerk to send to Mr K McDonald a copy ofthe letter received from John Mann regarding The Public Enquiry on Green Lane. Also acknowledge receipt of Mr McDonald‚??s letter to the PC.

PC will look into any training available in February/March.

6. District Councillors Report

DC Terry Yates was unable to attend the meeting.

7. Finance

Present status presented. See appendix A attached. Payment has been made to Hacker Young Auditors. Invoices approved for payment.

8. DSA Robin Hood Report

The tracking system is still not working.

9. Police Report

None Given

10. Planning and the Village Plan

Wooffendon ‚?? Chapel Lane, Scrooby

Planning application for extension. BDC approved application.

Sheepcote House, Great North Road, Scrooby

Revised planning application. BDC approved application.

4 Mayflower Avenue, Scrooby

Planning application. Convert Two Flats into one dwelling. The PC has no objections.

Ryton House, Chapel Lane, Scrooby

Renewal of outline planning permission. BDC approved application.

Ed is waiting on information from DC Terry Yates to finalise the Village Plan.

11. Play Area

Nothing to report.

12. Village Hall

The village hall electricity inspection is now due. Kirsty to contact Andy Beamish requesting he does the work.

Kirsty is awaiting the decision on the WREN grant application and the Robin Hood Airport grant application.

Kirsty, Heidi and June Harris had a meeting with Arthur Fielding to discuss the proposed replacement village information boards and village leaflets.

Kirsty is to give Dennis Marshall a copy of the window quote - Dennis to approach the insurance company re compensation for the theft of the lead.

13. Environment

Ed is to contact Mr B Auckland regarding the state of the public footpath over the railway.

Ed has contacted a tree surgeon regarding the diseased chestnut tree on The Croft. It was suggested that the tree be left alone at this point in time but it should be monitored for any change.

It was agreed that the ivy should be removed from the sycamore trees on the Croft. Ed is to organise.

David Clay-Thomas has emptied the bins around the village.

Kirsty is to contact BDC to ask for a replacement bin next to the new bus shelter.

Clerk to put an article in the Star regarding the amount of dog mess around the village.

A working Party is to be organised to tidy up the Pinfold.

14. Any other business

Christine Bailey informed the PC that there would be Carol singing around the village on the 11 December 2007.

Next meeting Monday 7.30pm 4 February 2008 Scrooby Village Hall.