Tree Planting in Memory of Brenda Willis
Tree Planting for Brenda Willis 2008
A fine specimen of our native oak tree Quercus robur was planted on The Croft at 12pm on Saturday 29th November 2008.
The tree was given by Scrooby Gardeners in memory of the club's first secretary Brenda Willis. Brenda died in February.
Frank Willis and their daughter Katherine attended the tree planting along with members of the gardening club and other villagers.
The 14 feet tree came from Green Mile Trees at Babworth, because it was grown locally it stands every chance of establishing quickly on The Croft and should become a landmark in our village in years to come.
The schedule for 2019 is:
- January 20: The Death of Stalin
- February 17: Double Bill - Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia - Here we go again with Greek food.
- March 17: The Shape of Water
- April 14: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- May 19: 3 Billboards outside of Ebbing Missouri
Full details will be published each month in the STAR and on this site.
Scrooby Community Cinema | email@example.com | Scrooby Village Hall | Doors 7:30 | Start 8:00 | £4 on the door | Licensed bar